Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Greatest Temper Tantrum Ever Thrown

Earlier this week, I stopped by the mall on my way back from a meeting with a client. It was late morning and the mall was fairly empty. In fact, the majority of people present were stay-at-home-moms and their kids there to get a picture with Santa. I'm walking towards the food court to grab a bite to eat when I hear what is best described as a banshee like wail eminating from a five-year old girl. The child is throwing an absolute shit-fit. She's dressed to the nines in her Christmas dress, as is her younger sister who is being pushed in a stroller by their mom. It's obvious they just took their Christmas picture. I don't know what Santa told this kid, but judging by the total fucking nuclear melt down, I'd wager that somebody didn't make the "nice" list this year.

The mom is either totally oblivous to the tantrum or simply doing her best to ignore it. As they approach me, a middle-aged man wearing an extremely large hearing aid starts to walk by them. As he nears the wailing toddler, he stops suddenly in his tracks. He places his hands over his ears, he lets out a very long, very loud guttural noise. "Uuuuurrrrrhhhhhhhhh," he groans, shaking his head in discomfort and pointing at the wailing child.

Way to go kid. Way to make a deaf guy's ears hurt. I'm suprised he didn't take off his hearing aid and stomp on it in an attempt to silence your screams.

No comments: